As of April 18th, the issue is available to purchase on North American Review's online store.
Contributors from 299.1
These people have contributed fine work to North American Review in the most recent issue. To learn more about these artists and authors, click their names for links to their personal or professional websites.
- Cover Snowblind [mixed media] • Gary Kelley
- 12 Untitled [ink and digital] • Clay Rodery
- 16 Untitled [ink and digital] • Catherine Byun
- 19 Untitled [digital] • Kurt McRobert
- 25 Untitled [digital] • Brianne Burnell
- 32 The Memorialists [mixed media, digital] • Anthony Tremmaglia
- 12 Drug Dealing • Teresa Milbrodt
- 16 Naples • Allegra Hyde
- 19 Goodwill • Jason Lee Brown
- 25 In El Hipo • Gary Gildner
- 32 The Memorialists • Philip Walford
- 3 Taxonomy of Disorder • Brian Jay Stanley
- 7 The Datura • Toni Mirosevich
- 48 Teaching the Love of Reading [Past Perfect] • Sheila Benson
- 9 Looking for Whitman • Lauren Schmidt
- 10 Irreversible Ancestries • Christie Ann Reynolds
- 10 Ballroom Basics • Allison Joseph
- 11 On Trying to Write Poems from National Geographic Photos • Shelley Puhak
- 11 Taste • Jessica Morey-Collins
- 15 The Knowing • Wally Swist
- 18 Plenty, Hay • William Stratton
- 18 As One Plunges from the Sky • Chad Prevost
- 24 The Mailed Girl • Gary Fincke
- 24 To a Great-Grandmother Who Loves Fire • Elinor Benedict
- 24 Rooster • Gigi Marks
- 30 Come My Cantillations • Patricia Clark
- 30 Collateral Damage • Elizabeth Johnson
- 30 Green Light • Joe Weil
- 31 Рукопись • Arseny Tarkovsky
- 31 Manuscript • Arseny Tarkovsky / translated by Philip Metres and Dimitri Psurtsev
- 31 Battlefield Typewriter • Martin Ott
- 31 Accent • Kay Cosgrove
- 36 Lifeboat • Alison Swan
- 36 Why You’ve Loved Me Ever Since You Started Thinking in English •Mariahadessa Ekere Tallie
- 37 Leveling and Unleveling • James Grabill
- 37 Gluttony • Charlotte Pence
- 41 Río Manzanares • Curtis Bauer
- 38 Tom Murphy’s Triumph • Robert L. King
- 42 The Reluctant Rehabilitation of Big Bill Taft • Grant Veeder
- 44 Paeans: Brief Book Reviews • Anne Drolet
- 45 Synecdoche: Brief Book Reviews • Vince Gotera
- 46 Crosscuts: Brief DVD Reviews • Grant Tracey
Many contributors move on from North American Review to write books, read their stories and poetry from NAR, and much more. Here's what some of our contributors from issue 299 volume 1 have to share:
Charlotte Pence has a reading at the Big Rock Reading Series as part of the Arkansas Book Festival on Friday, April 25th.
Wally Swist is doing a solo reading in the Poet's Voice Series at Darien Library, in Darien, Connecticut, on Sunday, April 27th, at 2:00 p.m.
Martin Ott has two poetry books forthcoming: Yankee Broadcast Network, coauthored with John F. Buckley, Brooklyn Arts Press,October 2014 and Underdays, Notre Dame University Press, 2015.
Elizabeth Johnson, within the last year, has had poetry published in North Dakota Quarterly and International Journal of Psychoanalytic Self Psychology. Three of her poems have been accepted for publication by Packingtown Review, and are slated for release late this year.
Jason Lee Brown's novel Prowler: The Mad Gasser of Mattoon will be out soon from Zetabella Publishing.